- Stable and safe country, warm people
- Bridge between Europe and Asia
- World’s 19thand Europe’s 6thlargest economy
- Opportunity to learn at least two languages (Turkish and English)
- Turkey’s economy is second only to China among the world’s fastest-growing economies.
- Strong Health System
- With a growing popularity, Turkey has impressive economic and political openings for the new emerging markets.
- From the countries in the region, there is a strong interest in the culture and lifestyle of Turkey
- Safe environment for International students
- A Lot of Scholarship Opportunities. For more info: www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr
- Compared to other international student destinations, Turkey offers significantly lower annual tuition fees and much lower living expenses
- Rich history. For more than 1500 years Istanbul was the capital of Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires.
- For sure, it is also one of the best places for shopping 🙂
General information Republic of Turkey;
Thanks to its natural beauties, sights, beaches, historical values, nightlife, and food culture, it welcomes millions of tourists every year. It is one of the most developed countries in Europe in terms of tourism. Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the world is also located in Turkey. The Marmara Sea separates the Asian continent from Europe together with the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles. Therefore, due to the position Turkey has an important place. The capital of the country is Ankara. The official language is Turkish. There are also local languages spoken by the public. The Turkish lira is used as the currency. Location / Location While most of the country’s lands are located in the Asian continent, a small part is in the European continent. It borders Bulgaria to the northwest, Greece to the west, Georgia to the northeast, Armenia, Iran and Nakhchivan to the east, and Iraq and Syria to the southeast. It has the Mediterranean in the south, the Aegean Sea in the west, and the Black Sea in the north. Most Visited Cities Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya Climate / Weather Climate varies by region. However, there is a temperate climate throughout the country. In the Black Sea region, the Mediterranean climate is observed on the southern and Aegean coasts. While the continental and arid climate is seen in the inner parts, the harsh mountain climate is dominant in the eastern region. When to Go You can go all seasons. If you are going to take a sea vacation and travel the country, you should choose the summer months. However, if you are going to ski and enjoy the snow, you can choose the winter months. Country Cuisine / What to Eat and Drink It has a kitchen that varies by region. There are many different food cultures such as Black Sea cuisine and southeast cuisine. It consists of soups, meat and vegetable dishes, pastries, and desserts. Tea and Turkish coffee have an important place in beverages.